Planning your trimester study at 亚虎体育
Please read the steps and information below, the Apply Now button is further down the page.
1. Study periods
The University of 亚虎体育 is split into three(3) periods of study, with A and B trimesters making up the main year.
- A Trimester: late February - late June
- Also known as Spring
Move in: Mid February
Orientation: Mid to late February
Classes begin: Late February
Trimester break: Mid April (2 weeks)
Classes end: Late May
Final exams: Mid June (2 weeks)
- B Trimester: early July - early November
- Also known as Fall
Move in: Late June
Orientation: Early July
Classes begin: Early-Mid July
Trimester break: Late August (2 weeks)
Classes end: Early October
Final exams: Late October (2 weeks)
- C Trimester: late November - mid February (normally wouldn't start in C trimester, but it is an option if you studied in B trimester)
- Transcript(s) from current and previous tertiary study. This must be a scanned copy signed & stamped by home university or official electronic copy. If your transcript is not in English, include the transcript in original language and an official English translation.
- Evidence of English language proficiency (if applicable)
- Copy of your passport
You don’t need to submit your high school/secondary transcript.
3. 亚虎体育 points and courses/papers
At 亚虎体育 we call courses, papers.
A full-time load of papers for A and B trimesters is 4 papers each trimester (60 points), however you can take 3 papers (45 points) and it is still counted as a full-time load.
A or B trimester: 45-60 亚虎体育 points (12-16 US credits / 22.5-30 ECTS)
Full year / A and B trimester: 90-120 亚虎体育 points (24-32 US credits / 45-60 ECTS)
C trimester: 45 亚虎体育 points (if you choose to study in C trimester, and another trimester, there is flexiblity to enrol in 30 points worth of papers in C trimester as long as you enrol in 60 points in the other trimester (B). C trimester is slightly shorter in length and therefore the normal number of courses to take for a full-time load is 2-3 papers.
- Find 5-6 papers that you would like to enrol in before you make your application to enrol to ensure we have enough courses to meet your academic needs.
- Ensure that your papers are in being taught in the trimester you're planning on studying at 亚虎体育.
- Most papers are open to Study Abroad and Exchange students.
Some papers require prerequisites, or proof of prior knowledge or specific courses, in order to be admitted entry. The paper page should list if there are any required prerequisites.
- Papers are generally not limited in class size, therefore you don't need to be too concerned about missing out on enrolling in a specific paper.
Note: Changing or switching to other papers can occur without penalties, up until the end of the first week of classes.
4. Study Abroad or Exchange?
Your nomination acceptance email will inform you if you are classed as either an Exchange or Study Abroad student - if you're still unsure which category you fit in, please chat with your university advisor.
If your university is listed on our Exchange partners page please check with your adviser if you're nominated to study at 亚虎体育 as an exchange student as some of our partners are both Exchange and Study Abroad.
If your university is not listed then please apply as a Study Abroad student.
5. Eligibility and Deadlines
- Completed at least two trimesters/semesters of study when you start your experience at 亚虎体育 and be enrolled at a recognised tertiary institution (unless you're applying as a Gap Year Experience student)
- Achieved a minimum GPA B average (NZ scale)
- English proficiency
Applicable to Enrolling and Accommodation
- A trimester: 1 December
- B trimester: 1 May
Study Abroad students - Fees for 2023 and 2024
|Trimester||$TBC NZD||60 亚虎体育 points: 12-16 US credits/30 ECTS credits|
|Academic year (2 trimesters)||$TBC NZD||120 亚虎体育 points: 24-32 US credits/60 ECTS credits|
If you're an exchange student, you pay tuition to your home university. No tuition fees should be paid to the University of 亚虎体育.
See our Costs and Scholarships page for all fees, scholarships, and living costs
Once you've completed and submitted your online application check out our Next Steps page.
- Select "Create an account"
- In the Qualification 亚虎体育, select "Study Abroad and Exchange" as your qualification